How Do I Get Rid Of Mice In My Anderson Home?
November 15, 2022 - Mice
Have you found a mouse in your Anderson home? If so, you're probably wondering how many more might be lurking around and what kind of diseases they could be carrying. Mice are notorious for being dirty animals, and they can cause all sorts of problems in your home if they're not removed quickly and efficiently. Priority Pest And Contracting Inc is here to go over everything you need to know about mouse infestations in your home, including the best way to keep mice away for good with pest control in Anderson.
Does One Mouse Mean I Have An Infestation?
If you've seen one mouse in your Anderson home, your first question is probably whether this means you have an infestation on your hands. The answer is that it's probable, but not necessarily the case. Mice are social creatures and they typically travel in groups, so if you see one mouse, there's a good chance there are more nearby. If you want to be sure, look for telltale signs of an infestation:
- Droppings: Mice leave droppings wherever they go, so if you see small, dark pellets in your cupboards or under your sink, it's a good indication that you have mice in your home.
- Nests: Mice will build nests out of insulation, paper, and other materials they find around your home. If you see a small, soft nest in an out-of-the-way spot, it might be due to a mouse infestation in your walls.
- Chew marks: Mice love to chew on things, so if you see chew marks on food packaging or furniture, it's another sign that you have mice in your home.
If you're seeing any of these signs or seeing mice themselves, it's time to call in a professional like Priority Pest And Contracting Inc for pest control in Anderson.
Can Mice In My Home Really Make Me Sick?
The answer to this question is, unfortunately, yes. Mice can carry all sorts of diseases that can be harmful to humans, so it's important to get rid of them as soon as possible if you suspect they're in your home.
Some of the diseases mice can carry include:
- Hantavirus: This virus is carried in mouse droppings and can result in severe respiratory illness in humans.
- Salmonellosis: This bacteria is often found in mouse droppings and can cause food poisoning.
- Leptospirosis: This virus is transmitted through contact with mouse urine and can lead to kidney disease in humans.
These diseases can be serious and even fatal, so it's important to take mouse infestations seriously and call a professional pest control company to get rid of the mice in your house.
Why Aren't Traps Enough To Keep Mice Out Of My House?
Mice are clever creatures and they can quickly learn to avoid traps, so if you're trying to get rid of them with traditional methods, it's likely you'll be unsuccessful. Even if you do catch a mouse in a trap, there's no guarantee that it's the only one in your home, so you could still have an infestation. The best way to get rid of mice is to call a professional pest control company like Priority Pest And Contracting Inc and have us remove the mice from your home using safe and effective rodent control methods in Anderson.
How Do I Get Rid Of Mice In My Home For Good?
Don't wait to call a professional if you think you have mice in your home. The longer you wait, the more time they have to reproduce and spread disease. At Priority Pest And Contracting Inc, we're experts in getting rid of mice, and we'll make sure they're gone for good with our safe and highly effective control methods. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Anderson. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have and get started on getting rid of your mouse problem.